1/16/2011

Banana "cappuccino"

I am not a big coffee drinker... well actually it varies from drinking no coffee at all to drinking a lot of coffee and then depend on it (as in getting headaches if I don't get any)... But at the moment I feel totally fine without it! I love the taste but hate the feeling of the caffeine rush in my body!

But this post is actually about something that may look like coffee but is in fact a much healthier and yummier delight! Banana cappuccino! I made this for dessert the other day but it serves lovely breakfast as well and I hav to admit that since I made it for the first time I had it at least once every day!

IMG_3625

It is refreshing and ridiciously easy!

IMG_3628

All you need for a Banana cappuccino is:

  • 1 Banana (preferably frozen)
  • 3 litlle Icecubes
  • 2/3 cup of non dairy milk (I used rice-soy milk)
  • pinch of vanilla powder
  • pinch of cinnamon

But everything into blender and blend for about 2 minutes

as toppings some really nice options are:

  • some sort of nutbutter
  • granola or muesli
  • chocolate chips
  • sliced up banana
  • some more cinnamon

this is definately one of my favourite recipes in the world!

IMG_3627

Besides eating this all day long I had some other very delicious meals. My Korean housemate decided to spoil me with some homecoocked Misosoup and Korean Vegetable Pancakes! It was delicious a very fun to make.

IMG_3611

The Korean Pancakes are very easy to make. You just need:

  • 1 small sweet potato
  • 1/2 zuccini
  • 1 cup of flour
  • 1 egg

You have to cut the vegetables very thinly and then mix everything together. Place little dollops of it in a heated pan and bake for about 3 minutes on each side!

IMG_3613

Although eating vegan most of the time I don`t mind eating an organic egg once in a while!

IMG_3615

This was the end result! It was delicious and just what we needed on a cold and dark day in Hamburg!

I have some more recipes waiting to be published the next days but as for now that must be enough :) I'm leaving for the gym and am massively excited because I took a 2-days break due to a housemate casting we had on the weekend!

What is your favourite cuisine, nationality wise?

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous16/1/11 18:55

    I am so happy i found your blog!
    I love your appartment. Is it creepy that I wish I was living there? Oh and you have a korean roomate, can i BE you.
    anyways cappuccino looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous16/1/11 19:21

    Mexican is FOR SURE my favorite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous16/1/11 19:28

    yummy!!
    Everyhting looks delish! But the banana cappuchino is my favorite.
    Ich trinke auch nicht viel Kaffee. Mein bauch vertraegt das ganze nicht so ganz so gut ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous16/1/11 21:03

    Vegetable pancakes?! Cool! Oooh and that cappuccino...mmm...

    Oh Indian all the way! My momma's Indian, so I'm quite biased! :P Well, I love Italian too, and Mexican's pretty darn good as well!

    ReplyDelete